- What is the difference between random and arbitrary?
- What’s another word for arbitrary?
- What’s the opposite of arbitrary?
- Which words mean the opposite of arbitrary?
- What is the opposite meaning of arbitrary?
- How do you use the word arbitrary?
- Which word is most dissimilar to capricious?
- What is capricious?
- Is being capricious a bad thing?
- Is capricious positive or negative?
- What is a capricious person like?
- What is capricious anger?
- How do you use capricious?
- What does arbitrary and capricious mean in law?
- What is the difference between arbitrary and capricious?
- How do you prove arbitrary and capricious?
- What is substantial evidence?
- What is the strongest type of evidence?
- What are the 3 burdens of proof?
- What is the opposite of substantial evidence?
- What’s another word for substantial?
- What another word for could?
- What is substantial amount?
- What percent is considered substantial?
- What is the difference between significant and substantial?
- What makes something substantial?
What is the difference between random and arbitrary?
Arbitrary, according to answers.com, describes things that are “1. Determined by chance, whim, or impulse, and not by necessity, reason, or principle” or “2. Based on or subject to individual judgment or preference.” Random, on the other hand, applies to things “1.
What’s another word for arbitrary?
What is another word for arbitrary?
What’s the opposite of arbitrary?
Adjective. ▲ Opposite of unsupported by sound logic or judgment. rational. reasoned.
Which words mean the opposite of arbitrary?
antonyms of arbitrary
What is the opposite meaning of arbitrary?
What is the opposite word for Arbitrary? reasonable. arbitrary and reasonable. rational.
How do you use the word arbitrary?
Arbitrary in a Sentence ?
- In spite of the cold weather, we made an arbitrary trip to the beach.
- He made an arbitrary decision to take the car.
- Because the group could not come to a decision on lunch, Katherine made an arbitrary choice and ordered pizza.
Which word is most dissimilar to capricious?
What is the opposite of capricious?
What is capricious?
: governed or characterized by caprice : impulsive, unpredictable.
Is being capricious a bad thing?
Capricious is used to describe people who are impulsive and unpredictable. To be called unpredictable and impulsive is not such a bad thing, it just means you have more fun in life if you decide to jump out of a plane or scale a mountain.
Is capricious positive or negative?
Capriciousness has both positive and negative connotations, though the negative is often the focal point, since human nature tends to prefer a much more stable, predictable flow. The occasional capricious decision and impulsive move is a welcome deviation, however.
What is a capricious person like?
Capricious is an adjective to describe a person or thing that’s impulsive and unpredictable, like a bride who suddenly leaves her groom standing at the wedding altar. A scared person makes sudden starts this way and that, just as a capricious person does.
What is capricious anger?
Susceptible of anger; easily provoked or inflamed with resentment; choleric: as, an irascible man; an irascible temper. Irascible indicates quicker and more intense bursts of anger than irritable, and less powerful, lasting, or manifest bursts than passionate.
How do you use capricious?
Capricious in a Sentence ?
- Because of his capricious nature, Jeremy found it hard to keep a steady job.
- Since he started taking the medication, Henry has been less capricious.
- Even though the couple wanted to get married outside, they knew their ceremony depended on the capricious weather.
What does arbitrary and capricious mean in law?
ARBITRARY AND CAPRICIOUS Absence of a rational connection between the facts found and the choice made. When a judge makes a decision without reasonable grounds or adequate consideration of the circumstances, it is said to be arbitrary and capricious and can be invalidated by an appellate court on that ground.
What is the difference between arbitrary and capricious?
In the field of Law, an Arbitrary decision is defined as a decision based on random choice or personal whim. Capricious means to be subject to whim; impulsive and unpredictable.
How do you prove arbitrary and capricious?
An action is arbitrary and capricious if the agency (1) fails to use reasonable diligence to determine facts necessary to its decision, (2) fails to give proper consideration to facts relevant to the decision, or (3) bases its action on conclusions reasonable people would not reach on the same facts.
What is substantial evidence?
Substantial evidence means “more than a mere scintilla. It means such relevant evidence as a reasonable mind might accept as adequate to support a conclusion.” Richardson v.
What is the strongest type of evidence?
What are the 3 burdens of proof?
The three primary standards of proof are proof beyond a reasonable doubt, preponderance of the evidence and clear and convincing evidence.
What is the opposite of substantial evidence?
substantial. Antonyms: imaginary, unreal, insubstantial, fictitious, supposititious, incorporeal, chimerical, visionary, immaterial, weak, frail, airy, disembodied, spiritual, ghostly. Synonyms: existing, real, solid, true, corporeal, material, strong, stout, massive, bulky, tangible.
What’s another word for substantial?
What is another word for substantial?
What another word for could?
What is another word for could?
|possibly will||might perhaps|
|could perhaps||could potentially|
|might possibly||might potentially|
|potentially will||may potentially|
What is substantial amount?
Something substantial is large in size, number, or amount: If you want to say someone spent a lot of money without being too specific, you could say they spent a substantial amount of money.
What percent is considered substantial?
Though some could argue that substantial should be viewed as merely large, even perhaps the largest, but not necessarily more than 50 percent. On the other hand, “substantially identical” would likely imply a high correlation, say, more than 90 percent.
What is the difference between significant and substantial?
As adjectives the difference between substantial and significant. is that substantial is having to substance; actually existing; real; as, substantial life while significant is signifying something; carrying meaning.
What makes something substantial?
1a : consisting of or relating to substance. b : not imaginary or illusory : real, true. c : important, essential. 2 : ample to satisfy and nourish : full a substantial meal.